Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Simplicity 1875 - Lady in Red

Lady In Red


Ok, so its another formal dress but with our Winter Wonderland Wedding all over, a family wedding been and gone, it was time to look forward to our Cruise "honeymoon". And along with cruises comes formal evenings! As per my previous post, it was a perfect chance to wear Vogue 2880 again. My second formal evening dress was this:


I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it and I knew I had to make it in red black. For the dress I used a beautiful red taffeta found HERE and the black lining is a crepe back satin also found HERE. For a finishing touch, to keep in with the red and black theme, I piped the waist seam with some black satin piping (purchased, not self made!) from HERE.
This was another lovely dress to make, and my favourite of the 3 formal dresses I wore on this cruise. I will also get to wear it again for a Masked Ball next month. Only this time I have some fab red and black shoes to match!

You can read my sewing pattern review of this dress HERE


The Pattern Envelope. I made View C













Winter~Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment