Saturday, 28 September 2013

Simplicity 2339

"Check" This Out


Ok, so the leaves are becoming an array of beautiful colour and starting to fall, the nights are slowly drawing in, the mornings and evenings are much cooler and fresher and there is definitely a feel of Autumn in the air. I adore autumn so it is time to start on a more autumnal wardrobe :) 

I am not a huge fan of wearing shirts, simply because I have to wear one every time I go to work! But I hadnt made a shirt since my late teens and a far as I can recall, I have never made a checked one. Hence the making of this one. 


I chose Simplicity 2339 because it has all the features I wanted: Collar with band, yoke, cuff, front band and patch pockets. I selected View B with the addition of the pockets featured on View A


Unfortunately this pattern is now out of print but simplicity have brought out a similar one HERE.

When Hubby first saw this fabric, his comment was "Oh, Pjyamas?!" (Great start to my insiration lol) I used a lightweight brushed cotton. I particularly liked this one because these are the colours of nature we are seeing here in Cornwall at the moment; the blue of the sea surrounded by the rustic colours of Autumn. The fabric is from my nearest fabric store Truro Fabrics but alas this fabric was from the clearance sale some months ago and therefore also no longer available. They do however have some beautiful new autumn checked fabrics in stock; see the collection available HERE

My Sewing Pattern review for this shirt can be seen HERE











Thanks for looking ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen




4 comments:

  1. You have done a lovely job on this shirt. The fit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    I have finally found this pattern on Ebay and am wondering WHY Simplicity would remove such an awesome basic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha!
      I totally agree, why would they?! Doesn't make sense, does it? Glad you managed to get hold of one, I shall look forward to seeing it made up on the pattern review or your blog :)xx

      Delete