Thursday, 10 October 2013

McCalls 6801

Autumnal Rouching!


I am very fond of All things seasonal, particularly when it comes to Autumn/Winter. Seasonal colours really excite me! So it goes without saying really that this also applies to my sewing. Enter this gorgeous Jersey viscose stretch fabric from http://www.fabric-dreams.co.uk/ Its drapes beautifully, it's lovely and soft and it was great to work with.


I purchased this some months ago whilst I was actually looking for some fabric to make a dress for my Mum's birthday present! I adore jersey fabrics, they are my favourite. I always get the best fit with a jersey, they don't crease and above all they are comfortable to wear. When I bought this fabric I didn't have a dress in mind but when McCalls 6801 came out, it had this fabric written all over it. For the lining I used a thin cotton jersey (Similar here) because I couldn't find any Tricot in the right colour at the time, and I was impatient to want to start sewing!


There is quite a lot of detail with all the gathers on this dress (I made View B) you can see it more easily on the pattern diagram, but as the pattern envelope shows, a busy fabric pattern actually works! 



My Autumnal Version!





Above and below: Front detail close up













I can see I am just going to have to make this dress again in a plain fabric as I'm sure it would look just as amazing. 
To read my Sewing Pattern Review please Click Here

Thanks for looking ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen

4 comments:

  1. Lovely dress and great fit! I'm scared of rouching both in terms of sewing and wearing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Give it a go, you won't regret it x

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I missed this review?? You look so great in this dress!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rikki, just need some warmer weather to be able to wear it again! :)x

      Delete