Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Vogue 1314

Tracy Reese (New York) Dress


This seems to be one of those patterns that everybody loves. I too love this style of dress and I saw so many pretty and colourful versions of this on Pattern Review that I knew I couldn't go far wrong with this one. I made this dress to take on our honeymoon cruise several months ago so it's one that I made before I started blogging (it's catch up time!)

The pattern is Vogue 1314. Basic shape dress with some lovely rouching down each side seam. (Better shown here on the pattern diagram)



 It's a simple and easy pattern that lends itself for a loud busy fabric. Mine was no exception! This is a Poly/Spandex Jersey available from Minerva Crafts. The photos do not do it justice at all, its a really lovely print. It is also very soft and very slinky! Great feel to it but due to the slinkiness (is there such a word..?!) it was kinda slippery to work with! I adore the print of this fabric and the vibrant bright colours; it's awesome! What's also awesome is the fact that it never creases! This came out of the suitcase in the same condition it went in. You could screw this fabric up into a ball and sit on it and it still wouldn't
crease! So it's great holiday fabric :)
Of course using such a busy pattern camouflages the side gathering detail somewhat so I've tried to include a close up as best I can.

 

I also love the fact that this dress is lined and that it had separate pattern pieces just for that. I used my usual Tricot in a pale pink for this which I had in my stash but a variety of other colours can be found HERE.
I confess it's been a few months since I made this dress so it's hard to do a good write up on it. I remember it came up very big so I had to re-do the gathers on the sides as I would have lost them all by  having to take it in so much! Turned pretty good though I thought :)











I always thought I would make this dress again, but since sewing this I discovered Vogue 8742 which I love even more! You can see this blogged HERE.

The scarf I am wearing was from a local market in my Mum's village but Amazon do some similar ones. Shoes are old!

To Read My Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Thanks for looking ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen







No comments:

Post a Comment