Wednesday, 8 January 2014

McCalls 6614 -Raspberry Pink!



Had we not been going to NYC for Christmas I probably would never have bought this pattern. Jumpers are something I don't have many of. Yes it gets cold here in our sleepy town in Cornwall but not nearly as cold as it gets on the east coast of America so my collection of jumpers is limited! (more than limited, I previously owned one plus two fleeces!)

My inspiration was this fabric... both the colour and the texture 

I am well into textured fabrics of late and this raspberry pink (it's actually called foxglove) colour is just beautiful. It's a Wool Blend Boucle fabric and it's soooo warm to wear! It is also available in this lovely Teal Colour. They are from my local store Truro Fabrics but they do a fast, reliable mail order service and postage is done by weight so no excessive P&P charges!

The pattern is McCalls 6614. It's a unisex pattern with a very unflattering pattern envelope photo!


It didn't really jump out at me with this photo and it's not very helpful, but as you can see from the diagrams, it's actually a nicely shaped jumper. That's what attracted me to it. I was particularly drawn to the princess seams.


It doesn't get amazing reviews on the Sewing Pattern Review Website as the fit is not great at all. It took quite a bit of tweaking to get it right and even when I'd got the fit right, I still wasn*t happy with it. Take a look at this photo of the original finished result....

Oh dear!

Now take another look after I chopped several inches off the bottom...


What a difference! I guess it's all just down to preference and what suits us, but I definitely don't suit the longer version! Plus the shorter version goes much better with the skirt I am wearing (to be reviewed next week) so all good in the end :)




To Read My Sewing Pattern Review Click Here 

Thanks for looking ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment