Tuesday, 14 January 2014

McCalls 6842~fun and flirty

What a cutie little skirt this is; It's fun, feminine and fast to make!


Let me introduce to you McCalls 6842. A great wardrobe builder pattern suitable for a multitude of fabrics, making it usable all year round.

I chose a Boiled wool blend Jersey in Baby Pink available HERE from http://www.trurofabrics.com/ and it comes in a wide variety of fabulous winter colours. But wouldn't this skirt look so pretty in something like THIS? Or for spring something like THIS ?!

I made this skirt for our Christmas Holiday so I have to confess, this isn't usually the style of skirt I normally wear. I live in a seaside town (virtually on the edge of the world!) where there is only 7 miles between the north and the south coasts so it blows a hoolie frequently. For those who need that translating, "mostly very windy" ;) So wearing a skirt like this here would probably get me arrested for indecency!


 Like I said, I made this for our holiday but for those of you who sew, you will know that it feels good to make something that you wouldn't normally make, just to try something new whether you will get a lot of wear out of it or no.

I made View A and originally added 2" to the length but when I tried it on with my boots, it actually looked much better at it's original length so I cut the excess off again!





On the cold streets of New York City, I teamed it with McCalls 6614 which I previously  Blogged Here, my
Kangaroo waistcoat (Same one HERE) and scarf a from River island. The scarf is no longer available but they have a similar one in a different colour HERE



Thanks for looking ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute skirt.. I had to laugh at your description of the wind blowing. ha
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete