Sunday, 19 January 2014

Vogue 8939 with Burda 7015

Slub Jumper and Ruffle Skirt


I knew I would make this pattern again, I just love it! It's another outfit that I made for our Christmas holiday in NYC but I loved it that much it was worn even before we went!

Say Hello to Vogue 8939 once again. 
Yes it's that drab pattern envelope that doesn't do much to inspire!

I decided to make the jumper this time instead of the dress (previously blogged HERE and the only reason I bought this pattern) seeing as jumpers are something that I lack. As mentioned in a Previous post I am into textured fabrics of late so that's why I picked this Poly-knit textured slub from Minerva Crafts which can be found  HERE. It's also available in other colours HERE and HERE.
It's a totally bizarre fabric to work with, it's stretchy and springy and until I got the feel for it,  it took every effort to stop it curling up as I was overlocking it. 

As a new fabric to me I'm pretty chuft with the way it turned out though.


When I made this as the Dress I changed the collar to a turtle neck as that zebra fabric was very thick. This fabric is so much thinner so I made it as per the pattern with the roll neck which I actually prefer. I also made the sleeves a bit longer this time as I like my sleeves long and not just skimming my wrists!





The fabric

I am certainly getting my money's worth out of this pattern as I have already made up another Dress! :)

The skirt I am wearing with this jumper is Burda 7015 view D. Such a cutie little skirt and another easy make. I just love the ruffle detail on the hem


The fabric I used for the skirt is a Ponte Knit available Here but if you fancy a real top quality try THESE from Truro Fabrics. They don't have this exact colour but just as lush colours! Or try THESE from Minerva Crafts; almost every colour you can think of!






To read my Sewing Pattern Review for the Jumper Click Here
To read my Sewing Pattern Review for the skirt Click Here

Thanks for stopping by ~ Keep Smiling :)

The Winter~Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment