Thursday, 13 February 2014

Burda 7133 ~ Adam Ant?



Have you ever made something and not been entirely happy with it? Or, more to the point, not been happy with it at all? Of course you have! We all have! Including me, and this is one of mine. Made back in October, I have ignored this dress all this time but finally, out it has come, albeit showcased to the minimum...

The Pattern is Burda 7133 (shown better here on the diagram rather than the model photos)



I find with most patterns, you have to look beyond the fashion model and look at the pattern diagrams to see the pattern detail to it's full potential, and this, I loved instantly. I still do. I'm just not overly happy with my version of it. Which is a shame as I love the design and it's construction. But I guess that's dressmaking for you; you see your own errors whereas others perhaps wouldn't even notice.

I confess the failure of this project is entirely my own fault. I made the mistake of under-lining it. Deciding on cream and brown colour blocking, using negative ease for fit, I knew the cream would be too transparent. So I under lined it. (Goodness knows why I didn't just line it, I am still asking myself that question now) but hey ho what's done is done. 


 I finally put this dress on a couple of weeks ago ready for showcasing. I'm glad that I did as I have tweaked around with it a bit and I am happier :)  I am quite liking it more than I did originally and still loving the sleeves so not all bad! The lace was an latter addition as I had originally just left them plain. I think they have made all the difference! And I'd forgotten how nice and soft this ponte roma fabric is (available HERE from sky fabrics in many colours and a bargain at £5 per metre). I under lined it in tricot from my stash, although I wouldn't recommend it. The underlining that is, not the fabric! haha ;)



Sleeve detail finished with a lace trim


 



To read My Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Thanks for stopping by ~ keep smiling :)

The Winter~Queen

2 comments: