Thursday, 20 February 2014

Vogue 8555 ~ Oh Sweetheart



I am a bit late but this was meant to be my Valentine's post! 
I didn't go for Valentine's colours (red and white or red and black?) but instead a dress with a sweetheart neckline! (Did you see what I did there?! ) Because this dress is definitely all about the neckline.

This is Vogue 8555. I made View C (the black one, bottom middle)

This was one of the first patterns I bought after all my Wedding Sewing so I have had this pattern for quite some time and the fabric even longer. In fact I've had the fabric much much much longer!! Since the early 90's longer! It's about the time when my sewing fizzled out due to having left home for the first time and building my own new life. But several house moves and quite a few years later, this well travelled piece of fabric has finally become a dress.


As far as I can tell, this fabric is some kind of polyester crepe. It worked well for this dress although something with a little more substance would have made the sleeves less "saggy". In hindsight perhaps I should have lined them as the rest of the dress is all lined.

 The purple and pink colours are much clearer in this photo

 Such a pretty bodice and neckline. You can't much tell with my patterned fabric but there are also pleats on neckline. So much lovely detail, this pattern is definitely a winner!






To Read My Sewing Pattern Review Click Here

Thanks for stopping by ~ Keep Smiling :)



No comments:

Post a Comment