Sunday, 23 March 2014

New Look 6648 - Purple Fever

March Magam Finished!


This top is my March project for the MAGAM challenge. I chose something simple this month as I already had a work in progress (This Dress). The top actually only came about because of these super funky purpley-purple Levi Jeans. It's all about the jeans!!

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am not a huge fan of jeans. I have a couple of pairs but I wear them little. But these are no ordinary jeans, these jeans are mint!!


Anyone who knows me will also tell you that I am not one for shopping. It has never appealed and I see no fun in traipsing around busy crowded shopping centres.

The exception to this appeared to happen on our latest visit to NYC back in December. Manhattan has shops like nowhere else I have ever been. I once heard someone say, that if you can't get what you want in New York then it probably doesn't exist!
 NYC is addictive. For the first time ever I could have spent a fortune on one single shopping trip (and that was without the fabric shops!) instead I settled for just jeans... purple Levi jeans!

So anyway, back to the sewing; with these funky little legs, I needed a top to go with.
This is where New Look 6648 comes in.


I wanted a baggy top to fall off the shoulder, but  as I dislike bagginess around my middle this pattern with the fitted rouched hemline band was perfect. I'd read from several other pattern reviewers that this came up big and it did. The neckline is anyway, so for my kind of off the shoulder look this came out perfect! 



The fabric is a purple ponte knit I already had in my stash. But Minerva Crafts have a similar one HERE and also comes in a vast amount of 21 different colours! Truro Fabrics also have a purple one HERE and several other colours too. 
I had 2 metres of this fabric so as an added bonus, there was just enough fabric left over to make a matching skirt



But of course, what does the skirt matter when its all about the jeans?! ;)

To Read My Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Until next time ~ Happy Sewing :)x




7 comments:

  1. Perfect top for your fabulous jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy :) just need some warmer weather now to wear them both! x

      Delete
  2. You wear this top so cute with both your jeans and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the top - and the jeans too. The top looks good with the skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. Made for the jeans but I think I am now prefering it with the skirt! :)x

      Delete
  4. Hi Dawn

    so love your makes- thought you needed a Liebster a Award details here http://wearawyatt.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete