Thursday, 24 April 2014

New Look 6802 ~ long sleeves

Anyone recognise this dress?

For anyone following it's the same pattern that I blogged only a couple of weeks ago (HERE) This version with the long sleeves has been on my to do list for months and getting around to blogging the one I made last year inspired me to finally make it again for Spring.

The pattern of course is New Look 6802 now OOP.

This time I made View D but with the long sleeves on View A. I also added gathers to the sleeve head as in View C.


When I started making this up I wasn't sure I was going to like this one. Having successfully made it before with short sleeves (twice) I just wasn't feeling it this time around.
The other 2 dresses turned out great. I made one for me, and one for my Mum.

But when I started sewing with this fabric, it slipped and slid all over the place, stretched in every possible direction, appeared to be very flimsy and so I was guessing it wouldn't hang very well at all. My excitement was deteriorating.
But not to be deterred I soldiered on.

Oh and boy am I glad I did as my thoughts turned out to be very very wrong!
I mean, look how well this drapes...


Even though I had made this for myself before, I wasn't taking any chances and tacked the sides seams together first and tried it on. Well, it fit like a glove and hung beautifully. My faith was restored! Don't you just love it when that happens?!

The fabric which turned out to be perfect for this dress after all is a soft jersey viscose available HERE from Fabric-Dreams. Whom of which are based in Germany.



On writing my Sewing Pattern Review for this dress (HERE), one of the questions is "Would you make this again?" I would love the sleeveless version of this dress for summer, but as much as I adore this pattern I do think after 3 makes, it is sadly time for it's retirement. There are so many other patterns out there I need to be making...!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Happy Sewing
Dawn


4 comments:

  1. Great dress, lovely colour. You certainly have had your money's worth from the pattern all 3 versions you have turned out really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! Yes it turned out to be a bargain pattern! :)x

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous Dawn - colour suits you nicely, and as you say, lovely drape. Sometimes when you are on to round 3 of a pattern it gets a little tedious - but with moving soon a priority, I think using a TNT is a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah Liz - thank you! I've been frantically sewing to reduce my stash as you know, but I think this will be one of my last before we move :/ x

      Delete