Saturday, 5 April 2014

New Look 6802 ~ Polka Dotty

This is one from the archives! A dress made in 2013 for our honeymoon cruise, which I wore and have worn since quite a lot. (Well, up until our summer disappeared anyway!)

 

The pattern is New Look 6802. An oldie and sadly discontinued in the UK. I noticed there are still some available to the US though.
If you can get your hands on a copy it's well worth the make. It'a such a practical little dress with a clever little twist on the front bodice (I was fascinated to learn how this went went together) and gathers on the skirt. I just love gathers!


It's an easy and interesting make. It's for stretch knits only (which is another huge like of mine) This is a green and black polka dot cotton jersey. I went for quality here as this was the only available print available in this fabric at the time. It's soft, the perfect weight for this dress, drapes beautifully and it's virtually un-creasable (if there is such a word?!) so Win win all round! Although when Hubby saw it before it was made up he asked if I was making pyjamas....!!!?!!


The wrapover, twisted bodice is definitely the key feature here and It's a perfect holiday/summer dress as the gathers on the skirt make it nice and loose without it being baggy. Great for those hot summer days.




A nifty bit of sleeve detail too 

All we need now is some warm sunny days so I can start wearing it again! (she says looking out the window at the pouring rain) :/

I hadn't started this blog when I reviewed this pattern which was some time ago now! But you can read my Sewing Pattern Review HERE

Thanks for stopping by ~ Keep Smiling :)

Until next time...




4 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I've made this pattern too and I agree, it's a nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meigan. Ive since made it again for my Mums Birthday and she loved it. It's nicer than mine! Just popped over to your blog; wow you have some great makes on there! :)x

      Delete
  2. Hello Dawn. I enjoy reading your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check it out http://www.tracysewshappy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap - so have I!! Hello Dawn, I hope you don't mind, but I have nominated you for a Liebster blog award - your blog is very lovely, and I am glad to have found it (via MAGAM), and would love others to find it too. More about the award here - and you do not have to feel obliged to accept it. My post on this award is: http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/a-liebster-blog-award-thank-you-nakisha.html. That will tell you all about the award.

    ReplyDelete