Thursday, 17 April 2014

Vogue 1250 ~ Happy Easter!


So it's Easter. And Easter = Spring. And Spring = all things yellow....

Daffodils....
 Sunshine....
 Chicks....

And My New Dress....


Of course Easter for me means work is busy and lots of hours are spent there, so this post is brief!

Yellow is my favourite colour. It's bright, cheerful and pretty. Yet wearing yellow without another colour with it is another first for me. I am a fan of all things seasonal so I just had to make my first yellow dress.
And I am so glad I did. I had no idea that I would suit wearing yellow!


The yellow fabric is a lovely ponte roma jersey knit that I bought on eBay some time last year (Available Here) although it was much cheaper then than it is now!

The Pattern is Vogue 1250 Designed by DKNY (Donna Karan New York)

I particularly love the shape of the seam across the back. It's so flattering.


and of course the super cowl neckline



It's a nifty little pattern with only 3 pieces. Much to the delight of someone like myself who dislikes cutting out! It also makes up in no time at all.
I would call this an emergency pattern. Everyone should have one. If you need a dress quick and have a spare metre of fabric, this is the pattern to grab. An hour later, you're wearing it and out the door!




I am so chuft with this dress, don't be surprised to see a different version of it on my blog sometime soon. I've just got to make another in a patterned fabric! :)

To read my Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Thanks for stopping by and a HAPPY EASTER!!

Dawn :)x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, you have made a very pretty dress! I love yellow color and cowl neck. The back detail is so sweet and flattering :-)
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hana, thank you so much! Happy Easter to you too, I hope you find time for lots of sewing :)x

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter. What a gorgeous dress - and the shade of yellow is just right for you. I agree, it is such a happy colour. Gorgeous dress, as you say, the shape is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz :)
      Happy Easter x

      Delete
  3. OMG.. how amazing, colour, style and ...seriously just a tad ove 1 meter!!! lucky to get a cushion cover from that never alone a stunning frock . Well done beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda for your kind comments! Happy Easter to you :)x

      Delete