Thursday, 1 May 2014

Vogue 8825 ~ Charlie's Angel.....?



I feel like a 1970's Charlie's Angel in this dress. Perhaps that's why I don't feel comfortable in it as looking at their characteristics a Charlie's Angel I would not make!


(From left to right) SabrinaShe is intelligent and serves as the unofficial leader of the trio
Jill ~ She is athletic and charismatic
Kelly ~ She grew up in an orphanage, providing her with the toughness to survive

But then along came Kris who replaced her sister Jill.

 Kris  is charming and mildly clumsy, providing comic relief in many situations. Hmmm... oh, Ok then, perhaps there is a little hope for me yet!


This is  Vogue 8825. I am a bit late in jumping on the band wagon of this popular pattern. I'd seen it but it never really caught my eye until  another Pattern Reviewer (Sew Good) brought it to my attention with her beautiful version of it (See Here) Isn't her dress just so pretty?
 So I don't really know what I was thinking when I bought this pink/black/white spandex blend jersey. I even bought it with this pattern in mind, yet all the detail is lost with such a busy print as you can see.

This is the diagram...

and this is my dress..

I'd been so excited to get this dress made because I'd really fallen for the style and I love the colours in the fabric. Yet I just don't feel right in it. Why? I have absolutely no idea! Maybe perhaps it just isn't me, because there is nothing wrong at all with this fabulous pattern. It's a style that would be flattering to almost every shape and size and these sleeves are just the best! I am totally loving these sleeves and the huge wide barrel cuffs!

There is nothing wrong with the fabric either. The fabric is gorgeous. In my opinion It's just not the right print for this dress. It was lovely to work with  and it's a nice stable knit but soft enough for drape. I bought it from Truro Fabrics which is my local store. Well if you can call 20 miles away local, but it's the nearest! I've heard some bloggers drive for miles and miles to the nearest fabric store!

On close up, the print is not so bad. From a distance it's all just a colourful blur! There's a lovely wrap-around tie in there somewhere...

Oh yes.... there it is!

Anyhows I'm just not feeling it at all in this dress. So it's sadly one of those I am just going to have to put down to experience.
What do you guys think?




 I can hope of course that perhaps one of Charlie's Angels will snap it up and take it off my hands.... haha;)

To read My Sewing Pattern Review for this dress CLICK HERE

It's actually a sad day today in the sewing room as I have stitched my last stitch and packed away the machines ready for the move. Look at my poor room it's almost bare and empty :(

But on a brighter note, I will have a new room to move into in the new house which will be totally dedicated to sewing and sewing only :) It's just going to take a while to get it all up and running!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :)x





4 comments:

  1. Dawn, that is a beautiful dress, the shape shows your fab figure off - its soft and girly- fabric pattern is great - its all in your head may-be because its fuller in arms ect cus your other makes, style tend to be more fitted = but honestly it lovely don't not wear it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's told me haha! Thanks Amanda :) Always encouraging to get another point of view and opinion.You win some you lose some... I'll try and let this one win! :)x

      Delete
  2. Dawn I agree with Amanda, looking at your pics before I read your text I thought it was a lovely dress. The fabric, drape and fit add up to a great looking dress that suits you and shows off your figure. perhaps like Amanda says perhaps because with the style and fuller sleeves it feels different to your usual fitted styles. Maybe if you wear it a few times it will grow on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy :) Appreciate the feedback entirely. I am going to wear it this week before it gets packed away for the move and totally forgotten about! :)x
      Thanks again to both of you x

      Delete