Thursday, 5 June 2014

Burda 7065 ~ Here comes Summer...?

Throwback Thursday

I think that summer has finally arrived here in sunny Cornwall! It is certainly feeling like a warm summers day again today so for Throwback Thursday I am posting this lovely summery dress that I made  last year on a rare August afternoon off. It'not quite hot enough to be wearing this today so these are also last years photos


The pattern is Burda 7065


I made View A which is the top, but lengthened it to make a maxi dress as I didnt want the fullness of the skirt in View B. I chose this pattern because the key feature here is the crossover halter neckline. It's not actually made up as a crossover; you cross it over to wear it! Genius!

From this:

Tah dah!! To this...!

Totally loving this fabric. It's got Maxi Dress written all over it! Isn't it such a pretty summery print? It's a Jersey Viscose and is perfect for this dress. Also perfect for holidays as it doesn't crease. I bought it from http://www.minervacrafts.com/ last year so it's now unavailable but I almost made it in this lovely jersey viscose instead. That would look fabulous too in this pattern; well any maxi dress pattern!

Had to do quite a bit of taking in on the halter neck strap ( a good 3"!!) to get the right fit as I found it very loose, but other than that this went together really well.

You can read My Sewing Pattern Review from last year, for this pattern HERE


I don't have too many photos of this dress as I wasn't blogging when I made it, but you get the idea I'm sure :)

Thanks for stopping by :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn

8 comments:

  1. OMG girl this is beautiful- wish the weather would hurry up and warm-up would love to make some real summery pieces like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a few warm summer days, but I think it's been and gone! Brrr, proper cold today!!

      Delete
  2. You live in Cornwall - I went there a few years ago, it is quite different from other counties, very lovely. As a child, I lived in Shropshire, but I have lived in Australia for years now. Anyway, this is not about me, but you, and this absolutely divine dress. I agree, the full version would have been far too full for your petite frame. This is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz, it's one of my favourite summer makes :)
      Oh my gosh I can't believe you are from Shropshire!! A lot of my family are in Staffordshire, the next county! :)x

      Delete
  3. You did a very nice job on this dress Dawn. Great print and the fit is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! This pattern would also look well in some the fabulous Hawaiian prints that you frequently use! :)x

      Delete