Sunday, 29 June 2014

McCalls 6083 ~ Sunshine and Flowers Jumpsuit


So I have been away from My Blog again for over a week. There is just so much going on with life at the moment; all new and exciting, but the main reason for my absence this time is because we took a few days away last week to spend with family.

I made 2 items in preparation for this trip. Neither of which I got to wear! The first, Simplicity 1425 was my project this month for the MAGAM Challenge (of which I currently have no photos so will have to blog next time, but at least it is completed!)
 The 2nd was this last minute quick and easy make from McCalls 6083


There are endless wonderful versions of this on the Sewing Pattern Review website (you can read mine HERE). It totally doesn't need another review as it's that highly rated, but I added mine anyway because this is such a great pattern for not just summer but by using a completely different fabric can also be made for a night on the town!

I chose the summer option...

I am discovering that one of the beauties of sewing is that it makes you step outside your comfort zone and try something new. I would never have bought an item of clothing as bright and as vibrant as this, yet the fabric leapt out at me.


I originally bought it to make a dress. Having never worked with scuba (neoprene) before I wanted to give it a go. But when the sewing pattern arrived, due to the fabric's bold print I so wanted to use it for this instead.

One thing to mention about neoprene... it does not like being pressed. At all! Therefore I'd say it is definitely more suited to body-con dresses because with the body filling out the dress, the seams would automatically look like they've been pressed ( if you get what I mean!)

Fabric I used is available HERE and is also available a variety of colours, plains and patterns. All from MINERVA CRAFTS


Notice the tie belt on this Jumper? (looks pants without it). I wanted to make a contrasting belt but didn't have any suitable fabric to hand and I was in a rush to finish. Rather pleased with the matching one though :)


Super, Wonderful, Smashing, Great, not to mention useful Pockets too! :)

Thanks for stopping by :) and hopefully soon, I will have my June MAGAM up and posted soon.

Until next time :)
Dawn x

6 comments:

  1. beautiful fabric and looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit so summery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jumpsuit! Wonderful fabric, the belt looks great, you got the width and length just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A bit different for me this, so rather chuft :)x

      Delete