Sunday, 13 July 2014

McCalls 3650 ~ Pink Flamingo!


Well who'd have thought it? After hoarding this pattern since the 1990's I have now made it twice in as many months! It's also the oldest original pattern that I own. I have had a yearning for all my old sewing patterns of late. I so wish I had kept a hold of them.
This oldie is my second version of McCalls 3650. It's OOP but McCalls have a current pattern (kind of similar!) HERE

McCalls 5050 Current 

My Oldie: McCalls 3650

You can see my first version of this (cropped with long sleeves) blogged HERE. But as much as I love long sleeves, especially the long flowing ones of this pattern, unfortunatley I have found them to be rather impractical. Sleeves in your gravy is not a cool look.

So this time around, I decided to go with the shorter sleeve from View C and the longer length top from View B (Short sleeves, long top) The complete opposite from my first one, just to keep it different!


I also used a completely different fabric this time. I made this one in a Poly cotton, available HERE from Minerva Crafts, which is nice, but it doesn't hang quite as nicely. I've washed it 2 or 3 times and it still feels and looks a bit stiff! A seersucker would be perfect for this, or for the evening look, a chiffon with a lacy top underneath

Still, cotton makes for a nice cool summer wear :)
and the shorter sleeves totally giving the summer vibe!





To Read My Sewing Pattern Review CLICK HERE

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Sewing Sewers!
Dawn :)x

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous - pretty, cheeky, happy, comfy to wear. What more could you want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you've had a lovely time away :)x

      Delete