Sunday, 10 August 2014

Time for a new cover...

So, I have a new dress to post and you get to see my new ironing board cover instead! Reason: Hubby (photographer!) and I work such long hours in Summer and we have not had a day off together in ages. So the photography is down to me today and it's much easier to take a picture of the ironing board than it is of myself in a dress!



Ok, so the ironing board cover is not that interesting nor exciting, but I made it (the old one was embarrassingly brown and dirty) and so for me that counts as being logged on the Blog. Plus, the fabric by Henry Glass is super funky and that alone is worth sharing :)


I bought the fabric from Plush Addict back in April. It's no longer available from there but man they have some awesome funky cotton prints well worth checking out! For anyone wanting a similar one to mine, there is a lovely pink version of it on Etsy HERE


The cover was easy enough to make as I just drew around my ironing board adding extra for hemming, and then pulled a draw-cord through for fitting. Bingo... you're done! But for anyone needing a tutorial there is a very useful one HERE


Hopefully I will have a lovely pretty summer dress to post once the photos are done, so check back soon!

Until next time :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :)x

6 comments:

  1. Well, the fabric has dresses on it, so I think that counts as well :).

    It's a lovely looking cover, hope things quieten down a bit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz :) Not long now! x

      Delete
  2. Very nice, great fabric! I just replaced mine a couple of months ago. I know it's such a simple thing, but doesn't it make you feel loads better having a nice cover when you go to iron your makes ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! And yes it does :) New house, new ironing board cover! x

      Delete
  3. Well talk about inspired.. that I am and have come up with a few ideas for some craft projects as well !!! win win win thanks Dawn XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanking you lol!! I am looking forward to see what the crafty projects turn out to be..... :)x

      Delete