Tuesday, 17 February 2015

To Infinity and Beyond.... Simplicity Scarfs


Inspired by those made by Hana from Velvet Ribbon I made 3 Infinity Scarfs. One Brown, One Black and One Raspberry Pink.

I can never have enough scarfs. I have as many scarfs as most women (not me) have handbags! But these are the first ones I have made. I had never even thought about making a scarf before now but I'm so glad I did. Now I could have a scarf to match every outfit and coat!

The scarf requires no pattern but these are from a freebie step by step Sew Your Own Infinity Scarf tutorial from Simplicity available HERE. It's super easy to follow and make, and it's quick to do. I made the shorter version which is basically one strip of fabric 60" long (the fabric width) by 25" deep.

I made the black and the brown ones first. The brown one is actually a little shorter but who's checking!

These two are made from a lovely decorative double layered, textured jersey both available HERE and HERE from Minerva Crafts.
This fabric is soooo soft! 


The third one is a more dressy scarf made from a crinkled crushed velour which has the most beautiful sheen on it. It's a fabric that I have had for over 20 years. (Yes, I really am that old). I knew it would come in handy for something one day! It's only 90cms wide and I only bought a metre. Goodness knows what on earth I thought I could make with just a metre when its that narrow? Perhaps I was thinking of the scarf I was going to make with it in the year 2015?! So Yaay, here we are 20+ years later and I have finally used it.


Because this fabric was so narrow, I had to cut 2 strips instead of 1 and just stitched them together to make the 60" up in length.

So, that's 3 more scarfs added to my collection. I am so not going to be cold for the rest of this winter! And... I can foresee more arriving on the horizon :)





Thanks For Stopping By and Taking Time to Read :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :)x

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite parts of sewing is being able to make garments that perfectly match each other and your shoes :) Now you'll be able to show off all your perfectly coordinated scarves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. For me Anelise it's Boots. I must have matching boots!
      Hope your college interviews are going well and you're knocking them out with "that" dress!! :)x

      Delete
  2. Great stash bustin on the crinkle velour one! Sometimes a piece of fabric needs to age for awhile before a project comes to mind! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Star! Hehe my stash has now gone down from 4 pieces to 3 ;) x

      Delete
  3. Infinity scarves are such fun to make - I love your selection here - going to look and feel so warm and cosy. Your stash sounds like mine - ancient, small bits of stash purchased a long time ago - it's a great feeling to actually use it up sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. It was great to finally have use for such a small piece of fabric! :)x

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty. Perfect accessory for winter and keep you warm too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hana. And thank you for the inspiration :)x

      Delete