Saturday, 6 June 2015

June's Rather Ambitious MAGAM

Due to an influx of various house guests during the month of May, plus a very busy half term working week, I missed for the first time ever, participating in the MAGAM challenge.

So I aim to be rather ambitious this month and make up for that by attempting to make two (yes, two!) garments using these 2 fabrics

and these 2 patterns

 The theme this month is stash busting, but whereas most sewers have hoards of fabric (hence the theme) mine is very limited. I am actually trying to increase my stash not diminish it!
So, as a lover of themes, to keep in with this monthly theme as best I can, I am going to use the piece of fabric that I have had the longest (which is the plain peach featured on the right hand side) and make a cardigan using McCalls 6708. I will be making View A but with long sleeves.

The patterned fabric is a beautifully fine needlecord which I will use to make the Meigan Neilson BRUMBY Skirt Version 1


I realise I am being rather hopeful in completing both these projects but at the very least, I aim to finish the cardigan. So wish me luck and watch this space....!

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read.

Happy June Sewing!
Dawn :) x




6 comments:

  1. This is going to be lovely when done! Hope you have time to complete both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both fabrics. So pretty and summery :) I look forward to see the finished garments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots of luck - don't rush though, and spoil things:) . Good idea to use an old fabric - that way you have made space for the new stash you will deserve after your summer season of hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah Liz. I've been having some late nights for catch up sewing time. Promised myself another fabric shopping trip with Mum at the end of the summer; can't wait! x

    ReplyDelete