Friday, 25 September 2015

McCalls 6788 Re-Fashion


I'm sure we all have makes that look great when done, but just don't feel right or practical when we wear them? McCalls 6788 previously blogged HERE, turned out to be one of those for me.

So this....


Is now this

From day one, I couldn't get on with the length of this dress so I chopped off 4". But that didn't work either and I still never wore it. It just wasn't happening for me. So during an end of season clear out last week, as a last resort, I decided to do away with the bodice and make it into a skirt.


It's simple and plain but Yes! This works. I like it. And hopefully I am going to get so much more wear out of it.



I simply just cut it off at the waist seam and twin needled an elasticated waist.

I don't have a huge amount of skirts, but I wear jersey knit ones for work and they are so comfortable. So I've realised recently that skirts like this are something that's missing from my own wardrobe. For me, this is a practical and comfortable style,  and teamed with black opaque tights and boots, I'm away....!

So with this alteration now complete, I'm now free to get on with some proper sewing for autumn :)





Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :) x

10 comments:

  1. I agree, over time our lifestyle changes, and clothes we need and wear become important - I love this little alteration, and as you say, you will get lots of use from this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I think you will get much more wear out of this garment now. Much more functional and versatile now. Way to redo something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your transformation of this skirt. You will most definitely get a lot more use out of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely refashion! It looks way better now and I am sure you will wear it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your remake is much more practical, and will be a lovely cheery note of colour in autumn and winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes its apt for this time of year :) x

      Delete