Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Latest fabric Spree at Birmingham's Rag Market

  So before hubs and I sailed away on our holiday, my lovely Mum and I managed to pay our second visit of the year to the Birmingham Rag Market. My goodness look at all this fabric!!!

And this isn't all of it! 

We both had an eye for this red and black jersey so we bought 5 metres


This one, also a jersey, was a remnant piece as a bit had bit cut out of it, so I got this for just £2!

Plus I also have this loose knit fabric that I bought from Minerva Crafts still to make up. 

Oh! and not forgetting this small suitcase literally full of fabric, kindly donated to me from one of my Mum's generous friends

Surely this means that even though half of the Birmingham Spree is Mum's, I officially have a "stash" now?!!

Feeling very excited at the prospect of all this future sewing! Time to get busy....

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :) x


9 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great at the market! I couldn't find anything there a few weeks ago that struck my fancy - seemed like it was mostly home dec fabric. Obviously I was looking in the wrong place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a bummer!! What day did you go? Fashion fabrics are mainly Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. At first, Mum and I didn't see as much this time but one of the last stalls we came across had loads of nice fabrics, so most of ours came from there :) x

      Delete
    2. That explains it. We went on a Thursday.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh...lucky you! You have purchased gorgeous fabrics. I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's going to take a while..... ;) x

      Delete
  3. Lucky you - nothing better than a fabric spree and a growing stash :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's very exciting! And it was lovely to come back from holiday knowing I had all this fabric to come back to. Softened the blow :) x

      Delete
  4. Some nice pieces there. What a great fabric haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Mum and I had a great time!

      Delete