Friday, 22 January 2016

New Look 6802 ~ Pebbles at Sea



I am so far behind in my Blogging that I am still trying to catch up on my last projects from 2015. This is one that I made back in October for our holiday. We've just got back from another holiday in NYC (which was awesome btw) but more on that another time! Back to what I came here to talk about...

I've lost count how many times I have now made this dress. But don't you just love it when you find a pattern that you keep coming back to. I know I have said at least once that I "probably won't make this again" but hey... I did!



The pattern is now old and discontinued (New Look 6802) and it is meant for stretch knits. My fabric isn't. I cut a size bigger which kind of works, but it didn't hang as nice as it does in the right fabric. For this dress I used a John Kaldor Spotty Print in polyester crepe (now reduced to £3.99!)  And as lovely as it is, I should have used it for something else.


I made View C with the long sleeves of View A and I also lengthened it to make into a maxi dress. Also with the fabric not being of stretchy nature, I had to add an invisible zip in the centre back seam. Other than that, it's just as it should be.


A close up shows this lovely fabric much better. The print reminds me of pebbles!





It's a fun dress and I wore it for a 70's night on holiday. But the knotted bodice detail is wasted on this this beautifully patterned fabric and it wasn't all that comfortable to wear. But you win some, lose some and you live and learn! And it served it's purpose for a fun night at sea.



For my Sewing Pattern Review Click Here

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :)x

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks cute. Love that fabric but no, you can't see the detail of the front knot. It's still very cute though! Glad to hear your trip was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so cute - love it! The color is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress on you, Dawn. Such a lovely print and it is perfect for your occasion. Glad to hear you had a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete