Tuesday, 9 February 2016

McCalls 7095 ~ Broderias Anglaise Boho


Well I have to say, it's feeling kind of weird, posting up a summer top when Storm Imogen has just thrown wind and hail at us, and thrown rocks, bricks and stones from the sea at our normally sandy shores! 
But I am well behind on my blogging and this top is the only item I currently have photos of.


I made it back in early November for our Iberian Cruise using McCalls 7095. I used a 100% cotton broderie anglaise so it made a perfect cover up whilst still keeping it cool.



I shortened this considerably and also did my own thing with the sleeves by widening and lengthening them to show the full potential of the broderie anglaise border. As an extra feature, I inserted elastic above the elbow by using ribbon for the casing on the inside.



Look how beautiful that border is. I love it!


And because I used that beautiful border edge for the bodice and sleeve hems and for the front yoke edges, this made up really quickly.




Of course as it's mid winter here in the UK, this lovely top hasn't yet seen the light of day since it came out of the suitcase! But, apparently the Boho look is going to be really in this spring, so I'm here ready and prepared to give this another airing or two!





To Read My Sewing Pattern Review Click Here

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Happy Sewing!

Dawn :) x

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful feminine blouse. Yes, that scalloped edge is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute!! Love the extra elastic on the arms - that's a nice addition. Beautiful fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so pretty - the perfect summer top. And with the boho trend set to continue, I am sure you will enjoy this top for years to come. In any case, whatever the trend, a pretty top is a pretty top....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. This is a perfect cover up for me so Im hoping I will get some wear out of it this summer!

      Delete
  4. Very cute and elegant! It goes well with in denim. I really love it. It looks good on uou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, only now catching up with your blog. What a pretty feminine top! love the border and top details :)

    ReplyDelete