Saturday, 5 March 2016

McCalls 7047 ~ Red Velvet


This dress was my project for the January MAGAM Challenge. I made it all in good time but mid-January we sailed across to NYC on the QM2,
taking this dress with me, so I didn't get chance to log it on here. Of course the holiday came and went and it was only the other day when I was looking for an evening gown to wear for a family party, that I realised I hadn't done this post!

I loved this pattern so much first time around that I made it again. It was made for me! I loved making it, loved wearing it and its my favourite pattern so it was inevitable that I would make it again. Just didn't think it would be quite so soon!


  The pattern is McCalls 7047 which I made last year in Black and white. It's a complete replica to my Black and White Sparkle one,  but without the train (because, well basically  it was totally annoying!)



The fabric I have also used before for My Vogue 1475 dress which was green and black. It's a burn out velvet and looks just as amazing in the red and black.(available HERE)


I think this version slightly has the edge on my black and white one as the cowl drapes more freely and it sits across the shoulders





Not much more for me to say about this. I blew this patterns trumpet last time around! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking...




Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read :)

Happy Sewing!
Dawn :) x

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress. You look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the dress fits you so well. I guess I'll have to take a look at this pattern again~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This pattern would suit you :) x

      Delete
  3. Every inch the romantic Winter Queen. Would have looked stunning at dinner - and of course the colour is perfect for the winter time. It really does look lovely - isn't it a pity there are not many occasions nowadays that allow us to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. Yes its a shame such occasions dont really arise these days. I only seem to wear them when we go on cruises. Although I've had an added bonus this month with a black tie party coming up!

      Delete
  4. I love this dress! It looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a gorgeous dress! Really stunning. Fabulous job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What an absolutely beautiful dress...so elegant. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tomasa! Hope all is well with you xx

      Delete
  7. Agree with everyone, this dress is so beautiful and you look like a princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful dress! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress. It looks unique and aristocratic. Full color makes great contrast with blond color of hair.

    ReplyDelete