Thursday, 23 February 2017

M6844 ~ February MAGAM Completed


This month's MAGAM challenge theme is "fit and finish." Because I was late in deciding, I've been a bit of cheat on this one and have made M6844 again.... a pattern I knew would "fit" (having made it before) and I would "finish" in time for the end of the month. That counts right? 😏


Since making my Previous One, I have practically lived in it. So i figured if I love it and live in it, why not make another?

This fabric is much lighter in weight than my other one and is a loose knit

So I gave this one a lining


It's been really cold here lately and I have been wearing both a jumper and cardigan together. But I am aware that we are at the back end of winter now and in just a couple of weeks time we might even be back up to double figures. So to take me into spring, I lined this in cream (it shows through on the netted areas ...see above) to keep the colour a tad lighter, and I lined it in 100% cotton jersey so it will be nice next to my skin in short sleeves or a vest top. I do love a nice silky lining for slipping on and off but when it's next to your skin, it's sweaty. Urghh.



Having made this again and comparing the two together, my personal preference is this pattern made up in a heavy textured fabric. Whilst I like this one, I absolutely love the other one. DH thinks this would look more at home worn by a Spanish Matador! Charming 😍



The edges of the fabric were scalloped, so I made use of them for the sleeves


My photos usually take much better outside in sunlight, but for some bizarre reason, on this occasion the colour was all wrong on the outdoor and much better indoor, but hey ho, I'm not here for photography!


Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read.

Happy Sewing all :)


Dawn 

21 comments:

  1. Very nice. Good idea to line it. Spanish Matador! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cardigan love the fabric. I've made this 5 times and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! Wow 5 times? We are certainly getting our moneys worth from this pattern1

      Delete
  3. I love this cardigan - it's got such a nice textural look to it. I agree, synthetic linings are not nice next to the skin, no absorption. And the cotton lining will add warmth too. Nicely fitted, nicely finished and finished before time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! What a wonderful idea to line the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. Yes its lovely lined. If I make another Im sure i will line that as well.

      Delete
  5. I love this cardigan. Looks so pretty in both style and fabric choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cardigan, it's a gorgeous shape and I really like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely on you and what a great fabric. Also good to know it can be lined. I have this pattern too and have made it several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's an easy pattern to line.

      Delete
  8. I think this version is perfectly gorgeous! What a great fabric and those scalloped edges for the sleeves is a nice detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This version is just beautiful. I love the color and texture of the fabric. It looks very luxe and high end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. The colour is great and the shape fits you beautifully. The inside looks just as great as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this past at the time hence the late comment. I love this. The colours and texture are fabulous. I made this for me a while back and do wear it but the peplum doesn't work for my figure imo so I'm thinking of doing a different view. You rock it though.

    ReplyDelete