Friday, 17 March 2017

NL6150 ~ Red Roses


Just before I tucked into making my Carolyn Pyjamas I made this top for my Mum. On completion, off it went in the post from my house to hers. She was on the phone messaging me almost straight away after she'd got it, saying how pleased she was with it. And even though I do say it myself, I'm not surprised. Not only is this top so "very Mum" I even like this one a lot too. Probably my new favourite make for Mum so far.


The pattern is New Look 6150 which is the same pattern as the top I also made for my Mum Last Month only with long sleeves instead of short rouched ones.
The fabric was another Birmingham rag market purchase from last year and we picked the long sleeves for the pattern because the fabric is quite heavy ( a bit ponte roma weight). Both Mum and I loved this fabric so we bought 5 metres in total between us. So still loads left for future projects 😀


It's harder to spot the side gathers in this fabric, they look more subtle as the photos just don't do it justice, but this really is lovely for real! The pattern is for light to medium weight knits but as it worked for the scuba, I guessed it would work on this heavier weight one too. It did.


I feel like I am on a roll with sewing this year so far and pretty darn pleased with how everything has turned out. Feeling full of motivation and inspiration 😆

Just a short post this time though, otherwise I will feel like I am just repeating myself from last time! Besides I can hear the sewing machine calling my name....




Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read 😊

Happy Sewing!

Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm sure your Mum looks great in this! I can see why she likes it so much. Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful. Love the fabric. I am sure your mum treasures it and looks great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why your Mum likes this top, I do too. It's just such a great shape and hides the ripples and is nice and snug at the neckline. Great that you are on a sewing roll too.

    ReplyDelete