Wednesday, 19 July 2017

McCalls 7125 ~ Cool and cropped



This is a top I made last year. Browsing through my wardrobe I realised this one slipped through the net and didn't get blogged. It's also my second version of M7125 but with a couple of slight changes.

First off, this is a cotton jersey knit, unlike my previous version which is a woven. Everyone needs something for the hottest of days so making this loose top in a cotton made sense. And just what I needed. The fabric from Croft Mill is left over from 2 previous dress projects that I made for Mum and myself, and there was just enough left  for this little top. I certainly got my money's worth out of those 5 metres 😀



I adore the overlay on my previous version but nothing I had in my stash looked suitable with this floral jersey. So it's plain. I think the bright florals more than make up for the lack of overlay though. And this top is after all, all about keeping cool. 



The other minor difference is that I made this one even shorter. And I prefer it on me this way. Short crop tops are certainly the way to go for me!


It's over a year since I made this top, so any other detail is all a bit sketchy. I leave you with a few more photos instead. Especially as the scenery is nice!







Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read 😀

Happy Sewing!
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Looks like a cool top for warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole outfit goes with that wonderful English scenery, which I still miss 50 years later! It'a a really cute top, beautifully swirly, just right for summer breezes. It's great using up every last bit of fabric, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. Yes England is pretty, especially on a nice day

      Delete
  3. Such a cute top - it looks perfect for hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomasa. The weather always changes when I make or wear something like this!

      Delete