Sunday, 13 August 2017

Simplicity 2560 ~ The Little Lace Cardigan


I am not often spontaneous when sewing, I'm most definitely a planner. I love to choose a pattern and then search to source suitable fabric and notions. But on this occasion spontaneous I was. I haven't been able to do too much sewing lately, so when I found myself at home on a cold wet August Sunday, off I went to the sewing room to find some inspiration for the August MAGAM Challenge and Sleevefest 2017 which i was hoping to combine. 
Browsing my stash, I spotted this stretch lace fabric that I bought about 3 years ago on a shopping spree with my Mum. I pulled it off the shelf and thought, as summer is almost over (if it isn't already!) if I don't make this now, its going to be yet another year before I do. I'd already got the now discontinued Simplicity 2560 in mind for a winter sew, but cutting  View C  this was not only a perfect entry for the sleevefest, but made in the lace, also perfect for a summer cover-up.



I love the high neck collar and the tie front, although it does look look a little odd left undone. And guess what...? I didn't get photos of that did I! 😳



This was such a quick make. Cut and sewn in one afternoon. There are no sleeves to sew in and I finished the hem with a narrow lace trim rather than hemming so that saved a lot of time too. I was going to finish the sleeves in the same way but I quite liked the double thickness cuff as it gives them more umph!

The high waist seam and gathers on the lower bodice really give this some shape, which is better for me.


The shorter length and lightweight lace will make for a perfect cover up over a summer dress. More likely on holiday though rather than here. I think our 3 weeks of summer is over!


Next up... to complete the MAGAM challenge "Artwear August" ... so much for combining the 2 haha! 

 To Read My Sewing Pattern Review Click Here

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read 😃

Happy Sewing!
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I hope you get more summer than 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Fit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a pretty top! I hope you get a surprise week or two more of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomasa! August has been quite cold for the time of year which usually means a warm September. Heading that way now as its starting to warm up again

      Delete